Assistant Training Officer - Charleston County EMS
Charleston County EMS is seeking an experienced paramedic/educator to join our growing Training Division as an Assistant Training Officer. In conjunction with the Training Officer, Assistant Training Officers oversee and assist with training, simulation, research, and quality assurance activities.
Charleston County offers a full complement of benefits including retirement, deferred compensation (including 401k and 457 plans), longevity pay increases after years 1, 3, 5 and 6, merit-based increases annually thereafter (Council approved) based on evaluations, optional life and disability coverage, along with medical and dental benefits for employee and family. Training staff schedules are based on a M-F schedule, but flexibility is required for evening and weekend training sessions.
- Must be a currently certified SC and NR Paramedic
High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus at least 3 years’ experience as a lead paramedic in a 911 system
- OR an AS degree in a related field plus at least 1 year of experience as a lead paramedic in a 911 system, and experience in advanced EMS instruction.
- AS or BS degree in a related field is preferred.
Must be certified as a provider in ACLS, BLS, ITLS or PHTLS, and PEPP or PALS
- Instructor status in each discipline and completion of an approved 40-hour instructor methodology is preferred.
- Must be eligible for and obtain certification as SC DHEC Continuing Education Program (CEP) Instructor within 6 months of hire.
Must have ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 certifications.
- ICS 300 and 400 are preferred.
Must have a valid SC driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- A 10-year driving history from current state of residence is required as part of application process
Must be familiar with EMS operations, EMS procedures, EMS training, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience in database management, data analysis, and ESO Suite is preferred.
- Experience with advanced simulation and LLEAP platform is preferred.
- Must be familiar with SC Regulation 61-7 and SC DHEC Continuing Education Program Guidelines. (https://www.scemsportal.org/documentsandlinks/2016-continuing-education-guidelines)
In addition to the above requirements, the candidate must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize, coordinate, train and engender a spirit of cooperation. Possessing excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, as well as organizational and planning skills is highly desired. The person in this position will provide staff support for EMS administration, as well as for a variety of working groups in Charleston County EMS.
Duties include: Routine instruction of EMS continuing education course. Organization, oversight, and implementation of training and recertification. Conducting QA/QI chart review and implementing employee development processes. Additional duties include preparing agendas for discussion and researching and compiling information necessary to make decisions regarding training and clinical guidelines. Responding to emergency calls through occasional ambulance staffing and field observation on a quick response vehicle.
Interested candidates must submit an application along with a resume, cover letter, and all supporting documentation no later than May 18, 2018 17:00. Formal interviews and presentations are expected to occur the week of June 4, 2018.
MORE INFORMATION (General): https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/ems/employment-info.php