Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Are you looking to join a team committed to maintaining the highest quality of patient care while improving the lives of EMTs?
Trustus Medical Transport is a fast growing ambulance company on a mission to transform the medical transportation industry. We are bringing innovation to a stagnant industry and are looking for compassionate and customer service focused Dispatchers to join us on our mission to improve patient care.
As a Dispatcher you play a critical role as the first line of response for our patients and customers in non-emergency situations.
Our dispatchers are expected to:
- Be a team player , as EMS is a team effort, and providers must provide necessary assistance to ensure system readiness and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Be flexible as emergency services operate on a 24-hour clock - your work shift schedule may vary due to the nature of the business.
- Coordinate the Work and Activities of EMTs.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner at all times when dealing with patients, co-workers, supervisors and or the public.
- Receive, prioritize, and dispatch calls
- Provide top tier customer service to medical facilities, the public, and our EMTs.
- Roll up your sleeves and get things done!
- Maintain professional demeanor in office and while on the phone with customers.
- Dispatch ambulances to scheduled runs to ensure appropriate medical level of transport care to area facilities.
- Intakes a large call volume, triages to determine appropriate level of care and coordinate transport.
We’re looking for dispatchers with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proven experience as a dispatcher in a relevant field (EMS/ Clinical background is preferred)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of computer tracking software
- Fast typing with experience in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Preferred - Emergency medical technician training and certification
What's in it for you?
- A friendly work environments that encourages respect
- An opportunity to work closely with proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs
- An environment that embraces a "work hard-play hard" culture and has fun
- Team members love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help our patients
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (with company contribution)
- Flexible schedules
- Paid time off
- Employee perks and discounts
Join our team in making major and much-needed changes in the way patient care is delivered and how EMT's are respected in the industry!