Full time Fire Fighter / Paramedic
Full-Time Fire Fighter/Paramedic
This advertisement is intended for applicants who currently hold a current a valid South Carolina Paramedic certificate, Advanced EMT certificate or current National Registry Paramedic or National Registry Advanced EMT certification.
The candidate selected for the position will be trained as a Fire Fighter and will successfully complete the South Carolina Fire Academy recruit training program, if not currently certified with IFSAC or Pro-Board certificates to the level of Firefighter II.
The Burton Fire District is located in Beaufort County, South Carolina and is an ALS First Responder agency with five fire stations. The Burton Fire District responds to over 3000 calls for service per year. Starting salary for a Fire Fighter II / Paramedic is $41,999. The work schedule is 48/96.
The Fire Fighter shall…
- Report directly to his/her Shift Supervisor
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for operations of all various types of apparatus, tools and equipment in use by the Burton Fire District and shall, under the supervision of their superior officers, maintain such apparatus, tools and equipment in a clean condition and in readiness for operation at all times.
- Refer all official matters relating to the Burton Fire District through their chain of command.
- While in the stations or at alarms, perform their duties under the supervision of their superior officers.
- Promptly respond to all alarms assigned to them.
- Participate in company drills and other training of the Burton Fire District.
- Engage directly in fire prevention and fire suppression activities to protect and safeguard lives and property.
- Perform hazardous tasks under emergency conditions.
- Attend various training seminars, fire drills, or other department related meetings as necessary.
- Adhere to all Burton Fire District Rules and Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, and memorandums.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help meet organizational needs.
Position Minimum Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, if out of state must have the ability to obtain a South Carolina driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass required pre-employment physical, drug screen, background check, written test and Candidate Fitness Test
- Possess a current and valid South Carolina Paramedic certificate, or current National Registry Paramedic certification, the certification must be good for at least 12 months at time of hire or show proof of continuing education hours to recertify. Your certification must be good for at least 12 months from the date of hire or must show that enough training hours have been recorded with National Registry for recertification.
- Possess a Firefighter I Certificate issued by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualification (Pro Board) accredited agency, preferred.
- Possess a Firefighter II Certificate issued by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualification (Pro Board) accredited agency, preferred.
*Applicants must ensure that the email address on their application is valid. All applications selected to test will receive notification by email. *
For questions or to apply contact 843 255-8011